I love the original design by c_wolsey but I wanted to have a mosfet instead of the relay so I decided to attempt modifying the design to suite.
Its a bit of a tight fit but it seems to all fit in well enough in the original case dimensions.
There is another case someone made in a similar design to this with a mosfet mount but the case is larger and doesn't seem like it will fit on the frame as nice as this design.
Things that I modified are:
Raised the Pi closer to the cover to make room for the mosfet under it.
Reinforced and increased the radius of the standoffs because I read people were having problems with the strength of the original standoffs.
Also redid all of the standoffs and screw holes.
Changed the top a little bit- moved the hole for the wiring to the other side.
Added a small hole in the bottom to run wires in.
- Got rid of the slot for the ribbon cable. I don't plan to use one anytime soon, but when I do I can just snip one little piece of the vent holes out.
There are a couple little issues I've noticed after printing that I'll probably address in the design if anyone is interested in printing this.
I think the holes in the standoffs for screws are a bit small (2mm diameter) but I wanted to make sure there was enough strength there. I plan on just drilling them out a bit or finding screws that are a bit smaller for mine.
The mosfet edge supports are a bit tight, I had to trim a little off after printing to get it to fit down in there.
- The support for the Pi on the corner directly under the ethernet port was in the way of one of the contacts for the port. Just trimmed a bit off the support with a knife and it clears fine now. The contact wasn't there on the 3D model of the Pi I used to modify this case.
This is the first thing I've posted on here, and I have basically no experience working with 3D programs like sketchup, in fact this was my first attempt working with the program.
But I thought I'd share it because it might help someone else out.