First of all, the original design is ingenious! Thank you Meermeneer!
I did change two things:
- The Leg has a 2.95 mm hole for 3mm screws which gives more stability, no more drilling or heating needed anymore.
- The Foot is completely redesigned also for 3mm screw and has a big flat bottom and is easy to screw on to the screw and is used for calibration as a turning knob ;-)
- Mount the switch holder to the frame, add the switch
- put a M3x35 or similar through the legs hole
- add the foot to the screw, tighten it a little bit, not too much or you'll deform the bottom surface. You can glue the screw into the foot to give it a better hold.
just turn the screw using the six sided foot, enjoy!
A good calibrated printer is essential for the screws to fit the holes tightly!
If it doesn't fit, just scale the model up 1-3% ;-)
For a perfectly leveled heatbed, take a look at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2044801
To set up your z axis, just remember: one complete turn of the M3 screw is 0.5 mm