The EiiiCooler is a cooler for your cold end and extruder motor of the Duplicator i3.
[RECOMMENDED RADIAL FANS]
Duplicator i3 V1, V2, V2.1 (12V): www.banggood.com/3D-Printer-12V-DC-50mm-Blow-Radial-Cooling-Fan-p-980653.html
Duplicator i3 PLUS (24V): www.banggood.com/3Pcs-DC24V-Cooling-Fan-Ultra-Quiet-Turbine-Small-DC-Blower-5015-For-3D-Printer-Circuit-Board-p-1110725.html
(For the 24V fan you may have to switch cable orientation in the connector to fit the PLUS)
You'll get much higher airflow by using a radial fan through the heatsink as well as into the extruder gear area compared to what the axial fan can provide.
Top reasons why to use the EiiiCooler:
1) You're certain to get a very high flow-rate of cold air across the hotend heatsink!
2) You'll get more airflow into the extruder gear area!
3) No more fiddling with those annoying white plastic spacers anymore during maintenance, they're not needed anymore.
4) Much more difficult to accidentally damage the radial fan with screwdriver compared to an axial fan. (Probably the #1 cause of axial fan death on the Duplicator i3!)
Top reasons why not to use the EiiiCooler:
1) You want things super quiet.
2) You dont care about your printer feeling well :(
Please note that this is not a 3D performance output booster in any means, but it does solve some potential issues the default setup has. E3D team has reported that almost half of problems reported on their hotends is due to insufficient cooling of the coldend.
1 pcs M4x20 screw (or longer)
1 pcs M4 nut (or locknut)
1 pcs 51x51x15 mm radial fan (Look at Delta BFB0512HH for dimensions datasheet)
If you find that the item improve your daily life, consider supporting the designer by sending a tip.
Click "TIP DESIGNER" here.