Fan shroud for Noctua 40mm hotend. This enables upgrade to MK2.5.
Shroud looks funny due to constraints given by existing design. Installed and working fine.
Use a heat sock for the heater block to avoid thermal runaway when using a fan (https://e3d-online.com/v6-socks-pro-pack-of-3)
updated the assembly instruction
Extruder mount v1.1 with slightly enlarged hole for beeing able to adjust gear play
All parts in STEP (.stp) format provided in download section (downlaod as .rar)
fan mount V1.2 - Increased air flow throughput
fan mount V1.2x - for bigger fan GB1205PKV1-8AY
Enjoy the advantages of E3D Titan geared extruder with your Prusa i3 MK2
- Increase force on filament by factor 3 to brute force every material without clogging
- Print with tiny 0.15mm nozzle for outstanding detail quality
- For more see http://e3d-online.com/Titan-Extruder
Download - Print - Assemble - Update Firmware (optional) - Print better!
We love to see this thing getting a lot of interest! Thanks, we have fun :)
Feel free to place further comments, ideas and proposals for improvement.
This version is installed on our Prusa i3 MK2. It fits and works absolutely flawless.
- Prusa i3 MK2
- E3D Titan Geared Extruder
- cable ties, M3 nuts and hex-socket screws M3x40, x20, x16, x12
- 1-2 beers (optional)
Optional nozzle fan mount for axial fan 40x40mm for better visibility of nozzle included.
- STL files
- brief assembly instruction
- G-codes (ABS h0.25) - radial fan mount V1.0. Newer v1.2 not included
BTC donations accepted
ETH donations accepted
- Easiest / most direct way to upgrade to E3D Titan
- As few modifications as necessary
- Usage of original
- E3D v6 nozzle + silicone sock
- PINDA sensor
- Hotend fan
- Nozzle fan
- Bearings / bearings fixation (cable ties)
- Belt fixation
- Usage of standard parts
- E3D cooling fan shroud (the blue injection molded)
- Can also be printed (it’s included)
- Metric screws and nuts M3
- Keep original positions X Y Z
- As less restriction of x-axis travelling distance as possible : 240mm instead of 250mm
- More possible when omitting filament tightening knob and using allen key screw instead
- All parts printable with Prusa i3 mk2
- No support material required
- All parts with 1 print (fill build plate)
- As less material as necessary
- Easy assembly
- Fast change of hotend/nozzle
- As few fixation points as necessary
- proper cable management
- Usage of axial nozzle fan possible
I am using standard ABS in prusa orange to fit the original design nicely.
Depending on your print settings, you might encounter problems with bed adhesion for the x-carriage and the extruder mount, as ABS is known to be problematic in this regard for larger parts. It really depends on your experience and skill level to handle ABS.
Especially when printing the whole set in one print, the fact that it takes more time and therefore more difference in temperature for every next layer to printed on the one before leads to increasing the problem for the lager parts.
Hence, I recommend to print the x-carriage and the extruder mount seperately in single prints, when using ABS.
The G-codes included are for ABS! Nozzle 0.4, layer height 0.25mm.
Current available versions
Extruder mount - V1.0
X-carriage - V1.0
Radial fan mount - V1.1 (improved printability)
Radial fan mount - V1.2 Increased air flow throughput
Radial fan mount - V1.2x for bigger fan GB1205PKV1-8AY
Axial fan mount - V1.0
Tightening knob - V1.0
Indicator - V1.0
All downloads will be updated to the newest versions.
please check comment section as some encountered issues with the provided firmware <<
Thanks devilhunter84 for pointing out (comment section):
"You also don't need to change a thing in the firmware, you can use Prusa's Stock firmware (yay for updates)
Just do these little workarounds instead of using a custom firmware:
• reverse the polarity of the stepper motor, meaning plug it into the mini Rambo in reverse. This causes the extruder to go into the right direction.
use the gcode in your Slic3r settings
M907 X640 Z830 E800 ; set Titan Extruder Current
to give the Titan stepper more juice. the extruder with that big wheel now consumes more mAh, so give it a couple of mAh's more to avoid skipped steps. (just don't do silent/high power from the menu anymore or the extruder will skip again)
M92 X100.00 Y100.00 Z400.00 E837 ; set Titan E steps
this will use the correct stepping if you also got the 0.9 degree motor like me with the Titan. (for 1.8 stepping use your 418.5)"
Use exact Arduino version 1.6.10 to update firmware!
Direct download link:
Firmware modifications based on Version 3.0.9:
- Steps per unit extruder 161.3 --> 418.5 (gear ratio)
- Direction of extruder : INVERT_E0_DIR true --> INVERT_E0_DIR false (gear)
- Unload filament speed F7000 --> F3000 (motor speed) - not realy necessary, but works better for my MK2
- Renamed all "fpos_t" to "fpost" to avoid errors when compiling see http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?146,691608,724250#msg-724250)