Tilted Adapter for Noctua UPGRADE Fan + 2x Fan Cover
by JKSniper, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is TILTED ADAPTER for Nocuta (or other 40x40x10) fan AND matching Fan Covers!
This tilted adapter has 4 benefits:
- Noctua Fan is REALLY quiet and reliable! You should upgrade!
- Fan is pumping cooler air (instead of warm from the bed) as it's tilted upwards.
- Less intake turbulence (no warping on this side of the bed)
- Full Noctua fan cover compatible, to prevent sickness from Noctua natural colors... ;)
Full Noctua cover has advantage of hiding the entire fan and also allows mounting the fan via rubber pads which are squished together, making the fan quieter.
Front fan cover is just there for aesthetics and there are 2 versions - the round and the square one. It is matched to the noctua fan design.
I recommend printing covers in color, so that hexagons steps-out while making adapter in black. Choose the material that you like and you need. While PLA is fine for this parts, it may be better to use ABS or PETG if you are printing a lot of ABS...
I'm using four M3x20 screws for the fan (cover) and four M3x10* or M3x12 for mounting the adapter in place. For front fan cover I use two M3x25mm.
Note: While I have tested this and proven it works, this is still work in progress until it's verified by more users. I'm also not responsible for anything if you use this parts. :)
PLEASE: Make a feedback with comment and photo!
*"DIYCalan" reported in comments that with new Prusa parts only M3x10 screws fits.
- 1.2.2017 9:09 - Initial Release
- 1.2.2017 13:21 - Noctua Cover V3 - thicker wall on all 4 edges
- 1.2.2017 14:49 - TiltedNoctuaAdapter V4 - shorter screw hole to prevent too thin wall (Thanks wschadow!)
- 3.2.2017 12:16 - Added photos of ABS printed. Everything OKAY with files!
- 15.6.2017 20:53 User "bolsoncerrado" reported some get "non-manifold segments detected". Fixed file is attached along with original one. If you got problem with original, use fixed file instead.
Prusa I3 original MK2
No supports needed! Lay parts in correct orientation if they aren't already. I recommend printing the covers in orange and the adaptor in black color. You can also do bi-color print, doing only first 1mm of the cover grill in color. PLA, ABS, PETG will work, for heavy printing and high temperatures use ABS/PETG. On my printer it took around 1h50min to make all 3 pieces.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tilted Adapter for Noctua UPGRADE Fan + 2x Fan Cover by JKSniper is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving JKSniper a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure JKSniper would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).