This is a remix of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1718315 and http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:102482
Update 4th Feb.: Sorry, I forgot the Z-endstop mount. Added it now.
Update 18th Feb.: If you are using a auto tramming system, you can use the remixed version without the z-endstop mount: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2118686
I was already using the mounts and want to use the printed bearings. Instead of removing the LM8UU of my old ones and hopefully not damage them - this risk is really high - I decided to print them again, but this time including the bearings already in the print. No gaps, no need of sliding the bearings into the mounts; let the printer do this work for you.
I already exchanged the linear bearings and holders on y-axis and the extruder carriage, they are doing a flawlesly job - so I decided to move on and do the same with the z-axis.
The bearings are on full lenght of the mounts.
People asked me to change something, therefore there are some changed versions of this thing.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2238376 - version with z-screw mount moved to the top
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2118686 - version without z-endstop (auto bed leveling)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2389929 - version without tensioning
just pick what you need or ask me for a change if you have an idea for an optimization
printer: Anet A8 (customized)
infill: 40% (fast honeycomb)
supports: yes (both)
wall layers: 3
top and bottom layers: 3
At the beginning the bearings are really tight but the rod fits into them. I just used the sharp edge of the rod to remove just a tiny amount of material until the rod moves freely but still stable and without noise throug the bearings.
You are still able to use a drill, but do this on low speeds and check often to not overdo the removal of material.