Automatic 3D 360 Panorama DSLR Camera Head
by supasorn, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
An automatic DSLR rig for capturing 2D/3D panorama and 360 photosphere (rotates around no-parallax point). It is also designed for capturing dense outward lightfield on a sphere of radius around 20cm (no-parallax point on a sphere) -- to hopefully create stereoscopic full-parallax rendering for VR.
2D Stitched Photoshere: https://goo.gl/photos/Rne65gYcaWQnx26o7
3D Anaglyph Photosphere : https://goo.gl/photos/1s5AUaHT2Pbz3pza7
3D Parallax Photosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWBsR8zTP0
3D Stereoscopic Photosphere for VR (Google cardboard camera format): https://goo.gl/photos/61VhSRtq2Ka4yDVn7 (Download and put it in DCIM/CardboardCamera of an Android phone)
The design is inspired by Phil Warner's panobot (https://www.flickr.com/photos/philwarner/sets/72157603776902016/). I tried to make it as compact as possible with one battery source. It has a screen showing menu and options for configuring shots (HDR, rows, cols, angles, etc). The firmware can be updated over Wifi.
- Two servos from servocity.com (https://www.servocity.com/cm-d645mw-180-servo-gearbox, https://www.servocity.com/sg-d645mw-cm-400-servo-gearbox)
- Wemos D1 for controller (https://www.wemos.cc/product/d1-mini.html
- OLED Shield (https://www.wemos.cc/product/oled-shield.html)
- Joystick (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201433557483)
- 18650 batteries (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZT269G)
- Battery clips (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPOTCAY)
- 2.5mm jack (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GBN1WPQ)
- UBEC (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177Y2PZY)
- Tripod screw (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262329788916)
- Optocouplers for camera shutter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262136737476)
- Analog Multiplexer 4051 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/231558118246)
- 220 Ohms Resistor
This rig is made specifically to rotate around the no-parallax point of Nikon D7200. The original fusion 360 is attached for modification and educational purposes.
The schematic and board designs (Eagle) are also provided.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Automatic 3D 360 Panorama DSLR Camera Head by supasorn is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving supasorn a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure supasorn would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).