by Kubold, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A Cthulhu statuette from "The Call of Cthulhu" by Howard Philips Lovecraft.
Made with intention of printing with bronzefill and aging it with salt and vinegar mixture to produce a patina.
Qidi Tech 1
Intention to print with bronzefill
- Print with bronzefill
- Polish the surface using rock tumbler filled with small brass screws, or using sanding (optional - I actually skipped that step to get effects like in the picture - cthulhu looks better if not shiny imho).
- Age the statuette using salt and vinegar vapors to create greenish patina:
- mix salt with vinegar
- pour a little to a pot, so the bottom is covered
- put the bronzefill figurine in the pot
- cover the pot with a lid - rusting will begin instantly
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Cthulhu Idol by Kubold is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Kubold a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Kubold would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).