A Cthulhu statuette from "The Call of Cthulhu" by Howard Philips Lovecraft.
Made with intention of printing with bronzefill and aging it with salt and vinegar mixture to produce a patina.
Intention to print with bronzefill
- Print with bronzefill
- Polish the surface using rock tumbler filled with small brass screws, or using sanding (optional - I actually skipped that step to get effects like in the picture - cthulhu looks better if not shiny imho).
- Age the statuette using salt and vinegar vapors to create greenish patina:
- mix salt with vinegar
- pour a little to a pot, so the bottom is covered
- put the bronzefill figurine in the pot
- cover the pot with a lid - rusting will begin instantly