Still W-I-P. Sharing because comments on the original asked for some of these improvements, and because several things changed from Quintox303's design:
- Added the D
- Pins/holes to locate the letters accurately.
- Two-part base for printing on smaller beds
- Improved E- and S-gear axles
Updated but not yet printed by me (7 Feb):
- Improve the E- and S-gear axles more... they're still weak.
- Chamfer bottom of D, E and S and top of C, L, and R main gear
Still to do:
- Thicken E- S- and sun-gears
- Add small bearing surfaces to base to lift gears off base for reduced friction
- Move main axles slightly (3-4mm?) closer together to reduce play
- Stops to stop rotation when in correct alignment.
- Increase base size behind the D
- Increase height of main axles
Be careful not to over-extrude... anything protruding can cause binding of the gears.
Sand and smooth off any over-extrusion which cause E- and S-gears to bind, and where E binds on the D attachment.
Photos of objects printed 66% size in X,Y, 100% in Z.