WHY: BFB hot ends are very robust and easily obtainable. BFB even sell them assembled and with various nozzle sizes. They are aluminium+peek+teflon so very strong hence you can use them not only for ABS and PLA but also for HDPE, LDPE, PP, uPVC and some other materials.
WHAT: x-carriage has to be changed (to accommodate for the size of the bfb hot end) and the adapter has to be installed between extruder and xcarriage
- print one of each
- assemble xcarriage per manual
- the upper 2 trapped nuts will have to be heat pressed into x-carriage upper
- attach the bfb hot end to the adapter using 2 M5 screws so that "flat" part of the acrylic is to the longer side of the hole so that 2 m3 heads can be secured in the 2 remaining holes
- press the hot end carefully into xcarriage
- screw the extruder to the xcarriage trough the adapter