3DLabPrint Spitfire XVI Accessories
by gowen, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Here a some accessories for the 3DLabPrint Spitfire XVI.
Firstly is a Battery and balance weight holder. There are two versions depending on the thickness of your Lipo.
- SpifireBatteryHolder1.STL - Thinner and lighter Lipos so more space for balance weight.
- SpifireBatteryHolder2.STL - Thicker and heavier Lipo with less balance weight capacity. It can take up to a Turnigy Graphene 2200mAh 65C.
Depending on the length of your Lipo you might want some longer battery clips.
- SpitfireBatteryClip6.STL - This clip is 6mm longer than the standard one.
- SpitfireBatteryClip10.STL - This one is 10mm longer.
To help keep the weight as far forward as possible I designed a clip (SpitfireESCRetainer.STL) to hold the ESC as far forward as the reciever cable and space would allow.
Finally its second landing the tail broke off at the glue joint behind the cockpit. To prevent this I designed a joint doubler (Spitfire_XVI_fuselage_5-Bulkhead.STL) to increase the glue area and assist with alignment. I've also included a Simplify3D factory file with my settings for this part.
The photo of the fuselage front half looks like its suffering from camera shake, but It's actually showing the joint doubler in place.
Cherry Pi IIIs with DuetWifi
I printed these parts with three perimeters and three top and bottom solid layers to prevent generation of infill on the thin walls.
The part Spitfire_XVI_fuselage_5-Bulkhead.STL should be printed with one shell, zero infill and no top and bottom solid layers.
Edit, personalize, or revise this Thing
3DLabPrint Spitfire XVI Accessories by gowen is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving gowen a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure gowen would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).