Published files are fully usable, but some new improvements are coming...
This started as an idea to make one piece main frame for Ane A8 to replace the two pieces wobbling stock frame, but in the dimensions verifying process I realized that it would be much better to model all the printer parts. Apart from the obvious main improvement - the new front frame, some errors In the original stock version has been fixed and some further improvements were made. All parts should be backwards compatible, meaning they should be capable of mixing with the stock parts.
The frame and the other printer parts should be pretty finished. I will be laser cutting it in the next days, will post the result.
Few words about the frame versions.
The first frame version is a one piece version of the stock design. The display mount inside the frame. I added two columns of extra slots at the top on the sides of the display for mounting optional accessories (spool holders, filament guides, etc...). If cutting this version it is a good idea to use the two fixers as shown on one of the enclosed pictures to fix the middle section of the vertical trapezoid stock braces to the frame. These fixers are included in the "minimal cut" dxf file. In this file there are some other parts included. Cutting those should minimally increase the cost as they are positioned inside the main frame.
The second design differs from the first in the top. The top of the frame is used for slots for accessories and option. In this case the display is mounted on top of the frame (or anywhere else) using the enclosed mounting plate and holder. There is a freedom where to put it - from the left to the right side of the frame. There are two versions of this mount, use whichever you like more. I think the slimmer one looks better and is more flexible, leaving more of the accessories slots available. This version is included in the "full_set" file. This file includes all printer parts. If you do not want to print those, just delete what you don't need.
One tricky detail. The original stock "walls" of the z-motors cages are cut of 5mm acrylic. Supposedly nobody would cut those from 5mm, bu will do everything in one pass of 8mm. This is the reason why there is 8mm slots version of the frame and 5 mm slots version of the frame. The difference is at the slots for the z-motor cage. Respectively there are two versions of the z-motor mounting plates. Please pay attention and use what you need. I designed some simple inserts in case 8mm slots would be used with 5mm thick walls. The "full set" file includes 8mm versions.
For now, that's it. Hope you enjoy it.
Below is the older text:
This is first version of the one-part front Anet A8 frame. This should replace the two front frame parts, thus fully stabilizing the z-axis and completely eliminating the wobble. This part is to be cut from 8mm thick acrylic plate or similar material. The idea is to be fully compatible with the other parts. There are tho small braces to fit and stabilize the middle points of the perpendicular trapezoid braces. These small braces differ for the left and the right side. The holes should fit exactly above the holes in the trapezoid braces, so bolting there should not require drilling.
Please remember this is the very first version, and should be improved further.
I enclosed an stl file just to get the thing viewable within thigiverse, but of course it cannot be printed at least due to its size. Please, do not critisize ;-).
Another note to the FreeCad file - it is not cleaned up, so a bit messy inside, will fix it soon.
The fixation of the braces is shown on the picture with the orange and light blue braces above. There are 2 pairs of square slots for fixing the middle section of improved future version of the trapezoid braces. This are the light blue braces in the picture. The fixing of the stock braces (orange in the picture) goes through the slots pair which is not in line with the others using the additional fixers (coloured red).