Parametric Koch Coaster
by buckyball, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A koch island pattern to make coasters with. This fun fractal can interlock with itself, allowing coasters to lock together to form larger pot holders or serving platters.
There are some size parameters at the top of the file to adjust the scale/detail/dimensions.
- Open the file in a text editor and modify the material_height and material_width variables as needed.
- Cut the coasters on a laser cutter
- Sand the coasters smooth
- Apply a protective coat of polyurethane
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Parametric Koch Coaster by buckyball is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving buckyball a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure buckyball would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).