This is my design for a z-axis for a lemoncurry like DLP printer. I call it sloth DLP reprap for now. That will propably change ;-)
You will need to mount an acrylic stage to the aluminium angle.
For more information on lemoncurry visit https://code.google.com/p/lemoncurry/wiki/main
lemoncurry on freenode.net
This is the third iteration of design and there may follow further, when i get the other parts for my printer. You can get an impression what I am planning in the first image.
I am planning to document the progress here and on my blog when I get the time: http://blog.krieft.de/2012/04/11/dlp-drucker/
- 2 lm8uu + wire straps
- 2 smooth rods 8mm
- 2 threaded rods M8
- 5 M8 screw nut and some wahsers
- 1 aluminium angle (see image, i tapped some of the holes)
- ~ 11 M4 screws with washers and nuts
- 1 nema17 stepper motor
- 1 coupling for stepper motor
- 2 Distance screws (don't know if that is the correct name)
If the assembly is not clear to you feel free to ask here, I will then add more instructions here.