NOTE: I am still working on the RAMPS 1.4 config file with Marlin 1.1.0. Currently the printer does move around and extrude slowly, but not print worthy just yet.
Testing parts to upgrade my 101hero from its gear reduction steppers to actual NEMA17 steppers, with a bowden extruder.
I am calling this modification the 401sidekick.
You will need to print 3x of the NEMA mounts and 1x of the bowden extruders.
Current parts were printed on a Prusa i3 Mk2 clone, but as long as the 101hero is in working condition, I see no reason it cannot be printed on it.
Parts to keep from the original 101hero:
- 6x M4 screws
- 3x GT2 16T timing belt pulley w/5mm bore
- 3x Black plastic mounts from old steppers
Parts needed not included from the original 101hero:
- 1x M3x30 screw (or M3x32 with washers or similar to shim)
- 12x M3x25 screws
- 1x M3x20 screw
- 2x M3x8 screws
- 2x M3x6 screws
- 19x M3 washers
- 15x M3 nuts
- 1x 608 bearing (608-2RS is what I am using)
- 1x Spring
- 1x MK7 hobbled gear (5mm shaft)
- 4x NEMA 17 steppers (I am using 3x pancake steppers for XYZ and one full for the extruder)
- 1x New controller board (I am using a RAMPS 1.4, no longer using the native 101hero)
- 1x Brass PTFE push coupler
- 1x PTFE tubing for 1.75mm filament
Electronics I am using:
- 3x NEMA 17 pancake steppers - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231619261745
- 1x NEMA 17 (full) stepper (Had spare)
- 4x crimp plugs and connectors(12) for stepper wiring
- 1x RAMPS 1.4 with A4988 stepper drivers
- 1x Full graphic LCD screen (12864) with RAMPS connector
- 1x stock 101hero extruder (for now...)
The NEMA mounts print with built in support for the M4 holes. These should pop out with little work.
The NEMA mounts have space for the M3 nuts, if these are too tight, warm up the nut and press fit in.