Repaired and reloaded the folowing files for better printability
I repaired the following three files. Hopefully they will print better for people using Simplified3D..
There was a small glitch in both of ther top cover versions. It has now been corrected.
So after a few test prints I've determeined that the V3 files were too tight of a fit and required too much filing to get a proper fit. I have adjusted for this and the new V4 files should not require any filling to fit.
Also I've added another version of the spine that has cutouts behind the dice locations for inserting N45 1/2" x 1/16" Neodymium magnets like the ones linked below.
The magnets will need to be dropped in at layer heights 35.8mm and 94.8mm. This will allow steel or Iron Fill printed dice to stick to that part of the spine. It makes for a cool illusion when the book is opened and the dice are already located.
Updated 12/23/2017 Merry Christmas!!!
I've posted a Version 3 of all the files (make sure you get the files dated 12/24/2017 I didn't realize I had a previous V3 version of the discard box). These are redesigned so that all three covers can be printed standing up (supports required). This will provide for a more uniform look to the outside of the box. The covers are then cut out so that the draw and discard boxes can be glued and inserted in place. The new version spine fixed a few printing errors and as before has the "Volume 1" removed so you can emboss as you desire. Supports will also be needed when printing the discard box but only touching the printbed (for the notch at one end to clear the hinge). Oh yea and I took "The Gathering" off the covers as none of my printers had much luck printing that with any legible quality(if anyone really wants it let me know and I'll add it back in).
By request I have created a spine without the Volume label. Unfortunately the spine I remixed had the Volume embedded in it and I could not just delete it so I had to slice, delete and copy it out. The new file is "Quick draw spine no volume" I have not had a chance to print it so please let me know if there are any problems.
Ok, So what started out as a friends request for a Magic card box turned into a massive remix. His final requirements were as follows.
- Must hold 100 Sleeved cards.. - Check
- Must have a Draw and Discard area. - Check
- Must Have storage for life counter dice. - Check
- Must look cool. - CHECK!!! CHECK!!! CHECK!!!
The book is printed in 5 pieces. I printed the Draw, discard, back and top covers flat on the print bead. This give you perfectly smooth and flat faces allowing the covers to easily be glued on with acetone. The hinges are still made to work with a standard piece of 1.75mm filament. I also created provisions in the top cover to allow for the mana of choice to be inserted. Mana Button files are provided as well.
I would imagine this could easily be adapted for any other card game (i.e. Uno, poker, blackjack, etc)
My thanks to Pteraghost for a great starting point to build from.
There are a few minor errors in the Discard side but it prints perfectly, I'm running a 6 year old computer with windows 10 and using Microsoft 3D builder and have reached my system limitations. I welcome anyone attempting to repair the file.