ANET A8 | Belt Pulley Insert (Customizable)
by TNS, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Based on poor_red_neck's idea / thing and the parametric pulley lib of droftarts, I created a customizable belt pulley insert with belt retainers. I added some code to the pulley lib of droftarts in order to adapt it to the ANET A8's bearing.
Major credit goes to those two creators!
The reason for creating this thing was that the other versions did not provide retainers or the retainers were too tight and blocking the belt.
By using the customizer, a version without retainers or without support can be generated!
Why should I add a pulley insert to the bearing?
The tooths of the stock ANET A8 version are running on the plain surface of the bearing. This can cause vibrations to the motion of the y- and x-axis!
Spotlight on some CUSTOMIZER-configurations:
Pulley T Ht = 6.5,
Retainer Ht = 1.5,
Notch Depth = 1)[AVAILABLE IN DOWNLOADS SECTION]:
- Wider than stock standalone bearing (about 1.5mm)
- Left some tolerance for belt (6mm wide)
- Retainers should be more sturdy, since 0.5mm support before notch starts
Pulley T Ht = 6,
Retainer Ht = 1.1,
Notch Depth = 1):
- Just minimally wider than stock standalone bearing (about 0.2mm)
- No tolerance for belt (6mm wide) -> May stress the retainers
- Retainers fragile, since only 0.1mm support before notch starts
- Your awesome config here
- You think you found an awesome configuration, just let me know in the comments and I may reference you here in the description
Print slow for high precision (e.g. 30-40mm/s)
- Remove the support on one side of the pulley (e.g. with a knive)
- Do not tighten the screw holding the bearing too much (keep it loose in order to allow a frictionless rotation)!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
ANET A8 | Belt Pulley Insert (Customizable) by TNS is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TNS a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TNS would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).