User SRPODER has graciously uploaded repaired files to GitHub since it seems that every time I upload a fix, some other file gets 0Kb'd and corrupted.
These files are all of the fixes and corrections.
I would like to thank both Jackrenter and SRPODER for working on these in my absence and making the map everything it should have been!
Thanks to the hard work of user Jackrenter, who worked over the past few weeks to go through and fix the pieces, the map should now print properly. I have uploaded the (repaired) map tiles and removed the previous versions.
It has been brought to my attention over the past few months that the 'all files' ZIP that Thingiverse creates may contain corrupt or 0-byte files. I have no idea why it does this, but individually the files should be fine. If you are experiencing this issue, please replace the effected files by downloading them separately. I have no control over the 'all files' ZIP that Thingiverse creates. I do apologize for this as it seems to be getting worse. I know the individual files are not corrupt (or at least they should not be) because I have printed each one that was uploaded as well as several user examples of full prints.
Also, the half-map sections have been removed. As pieces were updated it was a constant headache to rebuild them with the new pieces only to find another that needed updated.
It is probably easier to paint the individual pieces instead of the large sections anyway.
I am updating a few files to correct printing issues as I find them. For some reason, instead of the software creating a solid mesh, it created a hollow one so some of the layers are not joined properly in the STL files and can cause printing issues (though some slicers can correct for this error, I prefer to not have the model I worked so hard on be problematic). So far it seems to be limited to the first half of the map A-H in random pieces, probably because I changed how I was creating the pieces in the second half. .
Due to request, A-H and I-P have been joined and uploaded as complete halves. The bases are a bit thicker than the individual pieces because I had to make an alignment template to snap them to.
It is over.. It's done..
The last pieces have been uploaded. There may be some very minor style updates to this, but it is complete.
20 pieces left to make! TWENTY!
I paid a bit of homage to Zelda OOT with level 2 being an '8-bit' recreation of the Forest Temple.
12 more pieces uploaded. I 2-3-4, J 2-3-4, K 2-3-4, L 3-4, M_4
What the heck, I'm on a roll.. 3/4 of the map has been uploaded. All of row's 8, 7, 6, and 5 are done.
I had intended to not start the second half until June since May is a busy month for me. However, I was a bit overwhelmed with the support shown for finishing the first half. The second half will be significantly easier since it is mostly forest with no elevation changes to really worry about until the Death Mountain section. I have uploaded the rest of Row 8 (I_8 -P_8) for your printing pleasure. And what the heck.. P_7, P_6, P_5 since they were easy to knock out quick.
A1 - F1 have been completed and uploaded. F3 and G3 have been changed a bit just to flow better with the surrounding pieces.
This half is FINISHED! (barring minor updates.. )
I am going to rework D1, so I have removed it from the files. It will just be cosmetic changes, so the current one will still work, I just do not like how it turned out.
D1 has been fixed and reuploaded. New image shows change.
Uploaded a single tree since they can be broken off somewhat easily. This way there is no need to reprint the whole piece, just the tree (probably best to print upside-down)
Added B_2, C_2, D_2, E_2, F_2, G_2, G_1
Updated some previous pieces to have a better layout and make everything work as far as height and steps. The only thing left to finish on this half is the Death Mountain section in A1-2 through G1-2 (H is already complete). New image reflects completed pieces. Piece D3 has been redesigned, as well as H2 and H3 which have minor cosmetic tweeks.
Updated some of the previous pieces to reflect a smoother design flow and corrected some misplaced cubes.
Added 7 more pieces. Level 4 has a bit of creativity taken with it and it MAY be the only piece that could need support if your printer is not good at bridging.
Quite a bit more, nearly a quarter of the map is completed and uploaded. The smallest unit used is 1mm which most printers should be able to handle.
All of column H is complete and uploaded.
This is a minecraft cube like block by block, screen by screen, building of the Zelda 1 overworld map. Each screen starts as a 16x11 block of 2mmx2mm cubes that are selectively removed or reshaped to create the pixel-block effect.
This is an active WIP that should see regular updates until the 128 screen map is complete.