MEADS 3D Printed Models
by LockheedMartin, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
What’s more cool on your office desk than a 3D model of real military hardware? This thing allows you to print a semi-scale model of any of the MEADS Major End Items. MEADS is the Medium Extended Air Defense System developed jointly by the USA, Germany, and Italy, and which forms the basis for the future German Tactical Air Defense System (TLVS). You can customize this thing to be any one of five Major End Items:
1) The Surveillance Radar (SR) searches for and finds all aircraft and tactical ballistic missiles over 360 degrees.
2) The Fire-Control Radar (MFCR) tracks these objects with high precision and classifies them.
3) The Tactical Operations Center (BMC4I TOC) evaluates the radar tracks and identifies which are threatening foes to be countered.
4) The mobile Launcher carries the interceptors and launches them.
5) The Interceptor Missile (PAC-3 MSE) flies out to the threat and destroys it using Hit-to-Kill technology.
These models aren’t available anywhere – the only way to get one is to print your own! An optional business card holder can be added to the truck for a cool desk display.
MEADS is cooperatively developed by Lockheed Martin, MBDA-Germany, and MBDA-Italy. For more information, visit: http://lockheedmartin.com/us/products/meads.html
<= 0.2 mm
15% except 20% for rotating_platform_rev_3.stl
See “MEADS MEIs Assembly Instructions.pdf” for instructions to customize this thing by printing the appropriate .stl files. All parts print without supports, rafts, or brims except the PAC-3 MSE which requires a brim.
See “MEADS MEIs Assembly Instructions.pdf” for assembly instructions.
How I Designed This
These models were created from scratch in TinkerCAD.
This Thing was created as part of a Lockheed Martin internal design competition by Walter A. Kuhn from LM RMS in Syracuse, NY.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
MEADS 3D Printed Models by LockheedMartin is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving LockheedMartin a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure LockheedMartin would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).