Parametric funnel and stand
by ospalh, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Customizable funnel with or without stand
A funnel where the main parameters can be changed. You either get a special stand with it or not. When you want to use light things, like just a few tea leaves, pick the simple stand. The tripod stand should be much sturdier, but i haven’t printed one yet.
I wanted a funnel with a rather low throat ratio, if that is the term, to fill paper tea filters. The tea leaves always jam in the necks of supermarket funnels.
You need one or three sharpened standard sized pencils as the main support elements. Stick them sharp-end-first into the base, tear or saw of the erasers, if your pencils came with them, and stick the funnel on top of the pencils. The length of the pencils determines the height you get for your receptacle. Use a pencil sharpener to lower your funnel until you’ve reached the right height. Make sure all pencils have the same length.
How I Designed This
- I re-uploaded the SCAD file with three main options: no stand, simple stand, as seen in the photos, and as a new variant a tripod stand.
- Fixed the connection between the funnel’s pencil holder and the vertical holder plate
- Fixed the connection between the stand plate and the vertical bit (twice). Also uploaded slightly larger STLs with the fixes.
- Made the handle on the standless funnel bigger, added a support for that.
- Changed the width of the conical part. Should fix a problem where there was a gap between the perimeters that reduced the strength.
This part is also available at github. Older versions are still available there.
Not all slider value combinations in the customizer produce reasonable results. Especially a too high tip angle may cut off parts of the funnel proper. Just use different values when you get odd shapes.
The included STL files are smoother than what you get out of the customizer, at least during preview. You can download the SCAD file, open it in OpenSCAD and uncomment the $fs and $fa lines according to the comment to get this smoothness.
Food safety concerns
- When you want to funnel foodstuffs, you should probably use PLA, food grade PLA when you are concerned. Or maybe PETG.
- You should probably clean your nozzle once, to get rid of mineral oil and other residues.
- When you use an oiler, use a suitable oil. Maybe a vegetable oil or something like Ballistol oil.
- The funnelled material comes into contact with the printed parts for only a short time, so it should not be effected by the plastic too much. Especially when you use dry stuff.
These two articles shed some more light on the issue:
In the end, it is up to you. I can take no responsibility.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric funnel and stand by ospalh is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ospalh a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ospalh would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).