This is a a customizer designed to create a laser cut template which will then be folded into a seedling planter. The planter is intended to be made of corrugated cardboard. Measure the thickness of the cardboard you will be using, and place that measurement in the file. This is intended to output a DXF file, so using it offline is necessary. Possibly based on demand I will create a printable one.
::The height and width are customizable. The program will automatically scale your drawing to 90% of the size of your printer bed (based on the dimensions you give it).
::The tabs are set to the thickness of your cardboard, so measure those.
::The tab angle kinda sets the compression necessary for a fit. Recommend 35-70 degrees.
Future Edits Might include:
-Different Tabs/methods of locking
-A printable mode
-Slight changes to the default file
-Making the file more idiot-proof (testing for bad cases of inputs)
-Instructions for an educational lesson plan
1) Remove the cutout from the die.
2) On the side that you want facing out, make 4 scores of the cardboard, around the middle "square". If using corrugated cardboard, as recommended, cut through the top paper, and the corrugations, but not the bottom paper.
3)Fold up the sides with the cutouts
4) Fold up the sides with the tabs, and press them into the cutouts.
5) Fill with dirt
6) Plant seeds or seedlings.
7) When ready to transplant, stick directly in the ground. AS long as it's kept moist, the cardboard will biodegrade.