Pocket grapple based on a YouTube video I saw.
It is intended to hang from a cord for picking up small items. It also makes a good fidget.
- Version two is more my own design, and a little more steam-punk. Designed to be printer at 0.25mm layer height.
- I have updated the screws so they are stronger and only partially threaded.
- I added a new version with a hollow screw for a cord, in place of the U-strap.
- The holes in the tip of the hook are for a small lead weight or BB for weight.
- The assembled version is just an example, it is not designed to be printed.
- Vertically printed screws are awesome, but not very strong. If you have any 6mm nylon screws, I would use them. :)
You will need to run the screws through a die or metal nut to clean them up. Same with the threaded holes. Having a $12 tap & die set from Harbor Freight maks 3D printing threaded parts really easy. (Inside threaded holes are very strong, bolts and screws are fairly weak.)
I have had the best luck with the screws printed with 100% infill.