- Stand your Switch at a comfortable 45° angle (vs the built-in kickstand's 70°)
- Charge your Switch while playing
- Folds flat when not in use
- Version 2.1: 136 x 60 x 5 mm, 173 x 60 x 5 mm (tall version)
- Version 2: 140 x 60 x 5 mm
- Version 1: 120 x 50 x 7(+1) mm
- Great for travel, fits in your pocket or Switch carrying case
- Dimples, like in the bottom of the TV Dock, holds your Switch securely in place
- Prints in a single piece, no assembly or screws required
I hope you enjoy!
Mar 26, 2017:
- Version 2.1 released. Includes the normal one + a Tall version that holds the Switch higher, if your unofficial USB cable's hard plastic bit is longer than the Nintendo cable.
Wide and TallWide versions coming soon™. Put on hold indefinitely.
- Changes from version 2:
- 0.4 mm tolerance (should be easier to print than 0.3 mm)
- Hinges have been tweaked (thinner male rod, thicker female walls), hopefully a bit stronger now
- Extended the top flaps
- You can now feed the USB cable through the top flap holes to the back
- 1 mm taller dimples, holds your Switch more securely
- 2 mm insert on the bottom, if you want to add adhesive rubber feet
- Fixed some minor errors with the geometry
Mar 14, 2017:
- Version 2 released. It's an entirely new design, better in every way
A thinner update of version 1 is in the works Scratch that, I won't because version 1 is bad.
Mar 11, 2017:
- Initial release of version 1
- Use ~4 shells to make the hinges nice and strong.
- Tolerances (space between parts):
- Version 1 + 2: 0.3 mm
- Version 2.1: 0.4 mm
If the hinges feel fused together...
As I was trying out different hinge designs, and even printing the final stand, the hinges would feel slightly fused together. However, simply using a bit of force when trying to move the hinges would make the fused plastic snap right apart, enabling them to work great. Do be careful though, too much force while the plastic is fused might break the hinges.
The license has the following terms
- Give me proper attribution when redistributing (my name + a link to this page) - if you're making a Remix on here, Thingiverse does this for you.
- You cannot use my design for commercial purposes. That means no, you cannot sell these things on Etsy, as that constitutes you using the files for commercial purposes.