Print-in-Place Folding Nintendo Switch Stand
by Bakufreak, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
- Stand your Switch at a comfortable 45° angle (vs the built-in kickstand's 70°)
- Charge your Switch while playing
- Folds flat when not in use
- Version 2.1: 136 x 60 x 5 mm, 173 x 60 x 5 mm (tall version)
- Version 2: 140 x 60 x 5 mm
- Version 1: 120 x 50 x 7(+1) mm
- Great for travel, fits in your pocket or Switch carrying case
- Dimples, like in the bottom of the TV Dock, holds your Switch securely in place
- Prints in a single piece, no assembly or screws required
I hope you enjoy!
Mar 26, 2017:
- Version 2.1 released. Includes the normal one + a Tall version that holds the Switch higher, if your unofficial USB cable's hard plastic bit is longer than the Nintendo cable.
Wide and TallWide versions coming soon™.Put on hold indefinitely.
- Changes from version 2:
- 0.4 mm tolerance (should be easier to print than 0.3 mm)
- Hinges have been tweaked (thinner male rod, thicker female walls), hopefully a bit stronger now
- Extended the top flaps
- You can now feed the USB cable through the top flap holes to the back
- 1 mm taller dimples, holds your Switch more securely
- 2 mm insert on the bottom, if you want to add adhesive rubber feet
- Fixed some minor errors with the geometry
Mar 14, 2017:
- Version 2 released. It's an entirely new design, better in every way
A thinner update of version 1 is in the worksScratch that, I won't because version 1 is bad.
Mar 11, 2017:
- Initial release of version 1
Wanhao Duplicator i3 V2
- Use ~4 shells to make the hinges nice and strong.
- Tolerances (space between parts):
- Version 1 + 2: 0.3 mm
- Version 2.1: 0.4 mm
If the hinges feel fused together...
As I was trying out different hinge designs, and even printing the final stand, the hinges would feel slightly fused together. However, simply using a bit of force when trying to move the hinges would make the fused plastic snap right apart, enabling them to work great. Do be careful though, too much force while the plastic is fused might break the hinges.
Respect the CC BY-NC 3.0 license
The license has the following terms
- Give me proper attribution when redistributing (my name + a link to this page) - if you're making a Remix on here, Thingiverse does this for you.
- You cannot use my design for commercial purposes. That means no, you cannot sell these things on Etsy, as that constitutes you using the files for commercial purposes.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Print-in-Place Folding Nintendo Switch Stand by Bakufreak is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Bakufreak a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Bakufreak would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).