This thing is simply my build log for the Hypercube by Tech2C, and a "facilitator" for everyone that want to build the Hypercube with some typical modifications:
- 8mm steel rods for X and Y
- 10mm steel rods for Z.
A video of my build: https://youtu.be/mxuwtkStnhI
In the original thing page, under comments, someone posted an Excel BOM.
I took it, modified, added some sheets:
- a 3D printed parts checklist and completion calculator
- a torque calculator for motors
- some options with size.
- the BOM with link to shops and prices to give an idea on how much a prusa i3 conversion will cost.
Please use it at your own risk!!!
I do not want to take ownership or redistribute files, please look at the original sources for details. Hope this is fine for everyone involved. All authors cited, if someone is missing or upset, drop me a message.
For any comment or question about the Hypercube, I suggest to post to:
Build change log
*March, 31, 2017" - Build can be considered as almost finished. See the pic of the vase.. :-)
Added spool holder (by henryarnold) see references below to get files.
Next modification will be power supply mount and a better board mount. Anyway, now it prints.
March, 26, 2017 - First print done, calibration done. Everything is perfect. Vibration was an issue but then I used my dampening feets. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1548808
I also redesigned the front bed support to use two screws. I strongly suggest this modification (Bed_support_front.stl).
Also added caps for 20x20 extrusions. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2204965
March, 21, 2017 - I found it is quite difficult for the endstop on X carriage to be engaged unless it is really close to the XY idler. If you're worried by crashes like me, just print any 8mm clamp like this one and put it on the smooth rod a little bit before. Maybe I'll found a bettere solution in th future.
March, 19, 2017 - It took two full days to go from scratch to first movement.
Needed to print bed support v1.1a & 1.1b (one left, one right) since my 285 extrusions are a little bit too short.
Z end-stop design of choice is far from being perfect, but did not found a better solution yet.
Firmware: MarlinKimbra MK4duo 4.3.1 http://marlinkimbra.it/
March, 12, 2017 - all parts printed. Waiting for Alu profiles and rods to arrive.
Nothing special except for the X carriage, the space for the LM10UU are a little bit too short. A sharp knife is the maker's best friend.
Nut captive locks in the Z carriage for M3 nuts on borders aren't so tight. Probably the design should be reviewed.