Behold the first no-soldering ring led lamp for macro and portrait photography!
Not all of us have fancy soldering iron, but we have 3d printers and some wires (can take them from your printer).
- Just print it, even on 0.5 head / 0.2 layer height
- Strip some wire and insert it
- Insert those cheap leds from China $2 / 100pcs
- Cut them and bend a little. Housing will do bending job too.
- Connect power, for example with small screw terminal and guide your wire through special clip.
You can use less than 50 LEDs (like me) and easily change failing LED. When assembling you can apply pressure straight to diodes, they won't fall inside.
Position them on camera using M8 nuts and M8 rod.
It is really easy to do for everyone without soldering iron! Glue gun from your younger sisters paperwork kit should help to fixate screw terminal, but any glue would do the job. Base dont need to be glued.
This is original work representing my old idea to do something without soldering. I did it with young and beginner makers in mind.