Cat (Pick-a-Weight) Fidget Spinner
Easy to Customize
- Select number of cats: 2, 3, 4, or 5
- Select type of weight: 608 bearings; 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", M8, M10, or M12 hex nuts; 3/8", 1/2", or 5/8" loose ball bearings
Allow for ISO 4032 M10 (16mm) and M12 (18mm) hex nuts along with the old DIN 934 M10 (17mm) and M12 (19mm).
-added an option to use US coins
-added an option to use a center bearing other than a 608 bearing by entering the outer diameter and height and specifying center bearing type "other"
added a no-weight option with a silly cat face. Under "Which Weight", select "none". If Customizer gives you a "Script timed out" error, clicking on "Create Thing" will still generate an custom .stl file. Download a 3 cat face version.
added the option to use loose ball bearings: 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" (tested with 5/8"); for a heavy, long spinning spinner.
- fixed the bearing version
- 1/2" hex jam nuts are almost the same height as the 608 bearing, so they barely protrrude
- Download my favorite: three 3/8" cats
- nuts larger than 5/16" or M8 will protrude but I didn't want to require supports or have an asymmetrical frame
- I like using vise grips to install hardware
- if a nut is loose in a PLA frame, dip nut in frame into hot water to shrink frame around nut
- See my collection of all of my fidget spinner designs