Filament Spool Roller using 608ZZ bearings - Snapped together and no bolts
by rc101, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I created this filament spool roller using 608zz bearings because I didn't like any of the ones out there and this also doesn't use any bolts. Everything snaps together. This was printed with ABS for strength and durability but you can also print this using PLA.
I've also include a new side and bottom base (Update 08-24-2017) for those whose want to use these spool rollers inside the Rubbermaid 21 cup dry food container for high moisture absorbing filaments. The Rubbermaid spool rollers were printed with yellow PETG.
- Added OPTIONAL bearing roller guides to keep the spool centered on the bearings.
- Added new pictures with these guides.
- Some spools for the Rubbermaid 21 cup base did not roll properly because the roller sides were too thick (previous update). Added new sides to the rollers that are 2mm thinner (now 4mm thick)
- Added also a new base to accommodate these new sides
- Added new pictures and removed the other base/pictures for the Rubbermaid container
- Added Rubbermaid 21 cup base so you can put the rollers in the dry storage container for Nylon or other high moisture absorbing filaments.
- Added additional pictures with the Rubbermaid 21 cup base
- Got the Rubbermaid storage here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BEUDWIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Added CR-10 Base so you can mount one side of the rollers to case using the original screws provided by Creality
- Added additional pictures with CR-10 base mounted/unmounted on the control box
- As suggested by grantemsley, the pegs inside the base were removed for easier insertion of the sides.
- Updated base model and removed old one.
- Ran into a vendor who filled the filament to the outer rim of the spool and the rollers had difficulties spinning.
- Increased the radius of the spool curve and removed old models to just one final model, bottom and side. (The old bottom works, just the side has changed)
- Uploaded picture of final model (in white)
- Uploaded a side model that ONLY has the fillet removed on the bottom for "cleaner lines" with nothing else has changed. You decide which "look" works for you, flat or fillet bottom line.
- Bearing 608ZZ 8x22x7 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BBD6X4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Filament Spool Roller using 608ZZ bearings - Snapped together and no bolts by rc101 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving rc101 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure rc101 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).