I created this filament spool roller using 608zz bearings because I didn't like any of the ones out there and this also doesn't use any bolts. Everything snaps together. This was printed with ABS for strength and durability but you can also print this using PLA.
I've also include a new side and bottom base (Update 08-24-2017) for those whose want to use these spool rollers inside the Rubbermaid 21 cup dry food container for high moisture absorbing filaments. The Rubbermaid spool rollers were printed with yellow PETG.
- Uploaded STEP files per user request.
- Added OPTIONAL bearing roller guides to keep the spool centered on the bearings.
- Added new pictures with these guides.
- Some spools for the Rubbermaid 21 cup base did not roll properly because the roller sides were too thick (previous update). Added new sides to the rollers that are 2mm thinner (now 4mm thick)
- Added also a new base to accommodate these new sides
- Added new pictures and removed the other base/pictures for the Rubbermaid container
- Added CR-10 Base so you can mount one side of the rollers to case using the original screws provided by Creality
- Added additional pictures with CR-10 base mounted/unmounted on the control box
- As suggested by grantemsley, the pegs inside the base were removed for easier insertion of the sides.
- Updated base model and removed old one.
- Ran into a vendor who filled the filament to the outer rim of the spool and the rollers had difficulties spinning.
- Increased the radius of the spool curve and removed old models to just one final model, bottom and side. (The old bottom works, just the side has changed)
- Uploaded picture of final model (in white)
- Uploaded a side model that ONLY has the fillet removed on the bottom for "cleaner lines" with nothing else has changed. You decide which "look" works for you, flat or fillet bottom line.