Calibrate the dimensional accuracy of a delta / kossel printer by printing and measuring a known object, then updating DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD in your firmware.
Waldamore has created a remix of this with accompanying spreadsheet to calibrate Cartesian printers https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2390274
- Kossel / Delta printer
- Calipers (preferably digital)
- Ability to modify & upload printer firmware
#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD XXXX
- Comment this line out (do not delete it!)
// #define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD XXXX
- Perform the following calculation (where XXXX is the current value)
Measurement / 100 * XXXX
- Add a new line to your configuration with the calculated value (numbers provided are from my printer, you will have your own)
// Previous Value
// #define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD 218.0
// Calibrated DATE HERE
// measured_length / 100 * original DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD
#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD 221.27
- Validate and upload the firmware with the adjusted value to your printer.
- Repeat if required.
Important Note : Do not do this mid way though a multi-part print or project where connecting parts need to be consistently scaled. Once done, to get a new part to fit a pre-calibration print you may need to temporarily restore the original firmware setting.