To align the belt and give it a bit more room you will need to install the FT8/FT9 parts and the idler on the gantry from this design
Thank you "bustedparts" for the remark!
Added an extra rib to the support for the partcooler. Had a 'small' issue myself when it broke off manipulating the partcooler a bit too much ... look for Aero Backplate V3.stl in the file list
This is a new header for the Titan-Aero upgrade on the FT5.
As the new combination is shorter, I designed a more compact header based on the old designs : back and header.
- base of the header is flush with the bottom of the stepper motor
- steppermotor is fixed as before to the backplate
- moved the connection front-back to the sides of the stepper with cut-outs for the cabling.
- connection front-back is more solid now to enhance rigidity
- BLTouch is now mounted on an adjustable support attached to the frontplate.
- Adjustable (front/rear, up/down) partcooler designed for a 40mm fan with easier access to the mount (now on the back instead of bottom)
I printed all pieces with a 0,6mm nozzle, layers 0,36mm. All printed in ABS execpt the partcooler is in PC.
Support needed for the TOP-connector to the carriage and a bit for the partcooler.
I used 4 M3x40mm bolts to fix the stepper to the backplane. This leaves enough room for the bolts from the Titan.
I made the holes in the partcooler a bit to small for M3-bolts as I cut M3 thread in it. If you want to use bolts&nuts, you will need to use a 3mm drill.
Both the BLTouch and the partcooler can be adjusted.
The assembly feels like one solid block. It is a big difference with the old setup.