Featured In These YouTube Videos:
Please know that i designed this gearbox for a demonstration model so that it would be easy for everyone to understand how a differential planetary works, for that reason i omitted the 3rd module that increases the torque capabilities.
Because of that, this gearbox cannot handle much load and it will start to skip teeth at around 3.5FT-LBS. There is more info on this in the youtube videos.
How This Works
- 1,379 Turns of the input sun gear will result in ring gear #2 making one full rotation.
These are designed to be able to mount them in series on the channel, or drive them with the included stepper motor mount. You will need to scale the channel longer if you want to use two gearboxes and the stepper motor mount on the same channel, but keep in mind it is very boring to watch the second gearbox rotate, as it is very slow.
- This gearbox can not be back-driven, every piece of plastic on it will snap before you get the input to turn.
- The gear ratio of two of these in series is 1,901,641:1
- Three in series 2.6 Billion :1
Helix angle 30deg
Pressure Angle 20deg
Other Important Info:
Show Your Work!
- Make a "make" and show everyone what you made! (make? :0) Everyone will thank you for it!
For More Cool Projects and Upgrades, Don't forget to Follow Me on Thingiverse and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
Gear Down For What?