Universal Outernet Case for the DIY Kit (Any elevation angle)
by Tysonpower, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a 3D printable case for the Outernet DIY kit. It can be used for any satellite elevation angle. The Case is 15,3cm (6") tall, 13.6cm (5.35") wide and 4.4cm (1.73) thick.
The SDRx and CHIP mini pc can be screwed to the main part of the Case. They will be connected to each other over a short usb cable (micro usb to Type A / charging cable).The Patch Antenna just slides into the case. The Stand is screwed into the two m3 nuts that are placed in the main case. The elevation angle will be set trough tightening the scrwes after positioning the case in the right angle.
Discussion and any suggestions on the Outernet forum: Universal 3D printable case
You need the following additional parts:
- two m3 screws and nuts
- two micro usb cables (short ones will work)
- micro usb extension (optional for a socket in the back, replaces one usb cable)
- 30mm 5v fan (optional for cooling)
- a sheet of plexiglass or acrylic (optional, 130x125mm 4mm thick or less)
All parts are already oriented like they should be.
Take a look at the positioning in thingiview to check the orientation before printing to be on the save side.
- Insert the two m3 nuts into the main case and mount the stand with two m3 screws to the Main case
- Mount the SDRx and CHIP in the Main case with m3 screws
- Connect both of them with the USB cable and plugin the power cable to the CHIP
- Connect the Patch Antenna and slide it in
- Mount the fan in the Back Covor and install it on the case (optional)
- Use a 4mm thick plate of acryl to cover the Antenna (optional)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Universal Outernet Case for the DIY Kit (Any elevation angle) by Tysonpower is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Tysonpower a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Tysonpower would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).