After Raewyn Martyn's For Loan
by HollowaySmith, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This object has been developed as part of the art project "Whisper Down The Lane", currently being developed by Bronwyn Holloway-Smith in conjunction with the exhibition The Obstinate Object: Contemporary New Zealand Sculpture at City Gallery Wellington, New Zealand (24 February â€“ 10 June 2012).
During the exhibition digital 3D models will be made of selected works in The Obstinate Object in collaboration with designers Ant Pelosi and Nick Graham. The files for these models will be released for free download on Thingiverse under a Creative Commons BY-SA-NC License.
Each physical work in this series is also available for purchase through a manufacture-on-demand system. The models are being produced in New Zealand using the Open Source RepRap 3D printer (with Vik Olliver). Order editions on the project webpage: http://bronwyn.co.nz/projects/whisper-down-the-lane
The project will start with one work and will then gradually grow over the course of the exhibition as new works are completed and released. To receive notifications of new releases follow @hollowaysmith on Twitter, or join the mailing list at http://bronwyn.co.nz/contact/
This digital file is for the legs of the stool only. Once these are printed, to assemble the stool follow these steps:
- slot the narrower piece inside the wider piece forming an "X" junction.
- Join the two pieces by slotting a piece of silver wire or similar through the small holes provided and trimming as appropriate. For the base rail cut and insert a piece of filament.
- The fabric seat material in the official edition has been made using specially created paintings on canvas by the artist Raewyn Martyn, however you are welcome to make your own paintings on fabric to fit.
- Cut the fabric in to a rectangle measuring 80mm x 45mm
- Turn in the long edges to form 5mm hems and stitch with a small straight sewing machine stitch.
- Cut the corners on an angle to fit between the top junctions.
- Hot glue the two short edges to each underside of the tops of the stool
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
After Raewyn Martyn's For Loan by HollowaySmith is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving HollowaySmith a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure HollowaySmith would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).