Modified RSE2 (6mm bowden coupler, compatible with vibration damper, ...)
by michaelni, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a modified version of Kistenschiebers RSE-2. Adapted to the tevo tarantula and likely many similar printers. The original RSE-2 can be used with the tarantula but did not fit the way i wanted to mount it where the original extruder was.
The changes i made:
- 5mm thicker mount to avoid colliding with the x carriage as it moves up
- 10% bigger filament input hole (was an attempt to correct that the filament gets stuck on filament change) but it seemed not enough, i still needed to drill it out like in the original
- The most open top plate was modified to prevent the plug from falling out
- Top plate merged with main part, that way the stepper can optionally be attached with a vibration damper which on each side uses only 2 M3 screws. Also 1 part less to print
- The filament output was changed to fit a M6 coupling as used in the tevo tarantula as well as allowing the 4mm/1.75mm bowden tube to be inserted all the way avoiding the need for a seperate 3mm/1.75mm inlay
RSE2_Plug.stl and RSE_2_idler.stl are unmodified.
For a list of non printed parts needed see kistenschiebers original RSE2 (minus PTFE inlay and M5 pushfit as well as 1 M3 screw less if wanted. The M6 pushfit/coupling and spring from an existing extruder can likely be reused if you have one)
I made these changes with blender before realizing that there was a scad file :)
Hopefully this is useful to someone.
License is CC-BY-NC because the original RSE2 is under that.
0.4mm nozzle, 0.2mm layers or finer
I used 20%
I left it in the same orientation as the original but to print it, its recommended to rotate by 90deg on the y axis. That way it prints fine without support. I printed mine in ABS
If you use the extruder with a vibration damper and a strong spring then it may be that the drive gear is pushed against the extruder. This can be easily resolved with a round file. You can check with a piece of paper if the gear is pushing against the extruder.
The input hole for the filament may also need to be cleaned up with a drill if the filament doesnt smoothly feed through in both directions (especially when changing filaments)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Modified RSE2 (6mm bowden coupler, compatible with vibration damper, ...) by michaelni is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving michaelni a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure michaelni would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).