Pigeon is a simple cloud home surveillance camera project that uses the new Raspberry Pi Zero W single board computer ($10). It uses a custom designed 3D printed enclosure that fits the board and the camera. A wall mount is also included.
The goal of this project is to provide an easy way to setup a basic (yet functional) cloud camera at a very low cost (~$20 total). The software includes features like motion detection and Dropbox integration.
- A Rasberry Pi Zero W running Raspbian and connected to the internet. The regular (no-wifi) Raspberry PI Zero also works, but will require a usb wifi doongle that will stay out of the designed enclosure: Buy a Raspberry PI Zero W
- A Raspberry Pi camera with cable: Buy it
- (optional) A long micro-usb power cable: Buy it
- M1.7x6mm Thread Self Tapping Screws for the case lid
- Head Combo Machine Screw with Nut, 6-32-Inch x 1-Inch for the adjustable support
- M3*6 screws for the adjustable support link with the wall mount.
For software installation instructions please check the Github repository
Also available on Instructables
Assembling is pretty straight forward, please use the comments if you have any questions. I apologize for the confusing screw/bolt selections for this project.