This is the Robo3D R1 Titan.
It is heavily inspired by/influenced by/based on The Robo Beast by "dbefore"
I wanted to quickly and cheaply extend my build height (Z-axis), with a design using a more modular approach. My build currently uses 700mm smooth rod & lead screws, but this can easily be extended to 1000mm or more. Maybe someone is up to the challenge.
You will need:
- 3D print 2 sets each of the Robo3D Zspacer left and right.
- 2 x 10-foot lengths of 1/2 inch PVC pipe (Lowes or Home Depot $ 2.50 ea). get the thick walled version.
- 2 x Smooth rods, 8mm x 700mm (approx 30 inches). make sure they are stainless. Available on Amazon or AliExpress.
- 2 x lead screws, they need a pitch of 2mm, a lead of 4mm and should be 700mm in length (no firmware mods required). Save yourself some coin and just opt for AliExpress... $12.
- 4 extra nuts and bolts. (I used what I had on hand)
- Optional: Z axis stabilizers of your choice. (whatever helps you sleep lol).
Put it together:
- Swap out the smooth rods.... drop in replacement. be careful with the bearings.
- Swap out those tiny 300mm lead screws. so many videos on this.
- if you purchased 700mm parts, cut your PVC pipe into 16 x 11inch sections.
- Bolt everything together, saving the top for last.
- Do a function test... then lengthen all of your wires to your specific requirements.
This is still a work in progress.
I cut the files into multiple parts using Meshmixer. I then uploaded the parts to Tinkercad to modify and merge.