Check out my complete upgrade, the AM8 Dual Bowden here
This is an update to NVBigBlues (8SquareFeets) Anet A8 dual bowden conversion.
Ramps 1.4 kit
Ramps fan extender (to control print fan) here
Nema 17 stepper motor
MK8 extruder (you may want to buy 2 with handles and m6 holes for pnumatic connectors.)
2x Pnumatic connectors PC4-M6 (you should have 2 with your j-heads)
4x lm8uu linear bearings (could salvage old 3 from original x carriage)
2x v6 J-Heads
18mm inductive sensor. I used this one. (works with 5v)
1.5+ meters of 2mm/4mm PTFE tubing
16x 1.5mm or 8x 2.5mm zip-ties
4x 4.5mm zip-ties
4x m4 x 25mm allen bolts & nuts
4x m3 x 15mm allen bolts & nuts
3x m3 x 18mm allen bolts & nuts
You will need to print a ramps mount like this. (Has Raspberry Pi Zero mount aswell)
- Added 18mm induction sensor mount for auto bed levelling. This replaces the back plate.
- Added height adjuster rings. My j-heads were 1mm shorter than the design, so print 4 of these and place around the neck of the j-head. You can scale these and add above/below to change the height of individual j-heads.
- Added indents to the rear part of the j-head/hot-end mount so you can use the same length screws.
- Updated X carriage & auto level mount. This is to fix the position of the belt, to centre it between the rods.
- Added belt fixed back plate with/without auto level mount.
A better print cooling duct like this.
Need to lower position of Y motor mount.
Also maybe lower position of Y belt tensioner.