Switchbox - Travel Case for Nintendo Switch
by Zippitybamba, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
You need a "Bottom" 1 and 2, and a "Top" 1 and 2, to form the main case. The drawer lids are as numbered in the "Yo dawg" image.
V4 uploaded 5/6/2017:
- Increased charger hole width
V3 uploaded 4/29/2017:
- Changed from peg-and-glue assembly to M3 20mm screw x 8. Not quite so clean looking, but much sturdier.
- Added an internal drawer with a lid to securely hold 3 cartridges and USB cable
V2 uploaded 4/24/2017:
- Improved latch mechanism
- Grip strips! Dress up the look and make carrying it feel secure.
- Cartridge slots smaller, for closer fit. Now there's room for 6.
Durable, good-looking, functional, protective case for the Nintendo Switch.
Has space for adhesive felt or foam sheet to protect your screen. See the photos above for correct locations to place the felt.
Print requires no supports. I recommend printing with 3 shells (for strength) and ~20% infill. I used .25mm layers.
To complete assembly you will need eight M3 20mm screws.
A luggage lock completes the deal. Won't prevent theft, but will prevent meddlers from goofing with your savegames.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this Thing
Switchbox - Travel Case for Nintendo Switch by Zippitybamba is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Zippitybamba a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Zippitybamba would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).