Egg Painter Mini (Eggbot derivative) v1.1
by Provlax, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a low-cost modification of EggBot, printable 3D printers that accept large.
You can buy a complete assembly kit - this.
The list of parts to print
1 x 0000001. Case_Bottom
1 x 0000002. Case_Top
1 x 0000003. Logo
2 x 0000004. M5_Nut_Holder
1 x 0000005. Axis_R
1 x 0000006. Spring_Holder
1 x 0000007. Axis_R_Holder
1 x 0000008. Axis_R_Lock
2 x 0000009. М5_Bolt_Holder_Bottom
2 x 0000010. М5_Bolt_Holder_Top
1 x 0000011. Axis_L_Holder
1 x 0000012. Axis_L
1 x 0000013. Hand_Holder
1 x 0000014. Hand_Holder_Guide
1 x 0000015. Hand_Holder_Guide_Case
1 x 0000016. Hand_H
1 x 0000017. Hand_V
1 x 0000018. Case_Right
1 x Arduino UNO
2 x ULN2003 Stepper Motor Driver Board
2 x 28byj-48-12v Stepper Motor or 28byj-48-5v Stepper Motor
1 x SG90 Micro Servo
1 x 12V DC Power Supply (not need for 5v motors)
1 x USB Cable for connect to PC
A few wires
As the firmware used Eggduino. It's arduino firmware for EggBot / Spherebot with Inkscape-Integration (Github).
1) Download and unzip Firmware.zip.
2) For UNO board with CH340G download and install driver: http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_ZIP.html.
3) Download the ARDUINO IDE and install it.
4) Run the software. Select the Arduino UNO board and the proper COM PORT (should be COM5 or so) in the menu "Tools->Board"…
5) Open Eggduino.ino from Firmware.zip and upload the Eggduino code to your Arudino Uno.
As the controlling program used Inkscape software.
1) Download and unzip the Inkscape software Software_inkscape+extension.zip.
2) EggBot Control Extension already included in the Inkscape from Software_inkscape+extension.zip.
3) Run the software.
The EggBot Control extension for Inkscape is the tool that you will use to help you test and align the EggBot, as well as transfer your drawings to an egg. Once Inkscape is running, you’ll have an Extensions menu, and on that menu will be a submenu labeled Eggbot.
If the Inkscape does not connect to the device, please check name of your Arduino in to device manager. And change it in ebb_serial.py on line 52 instead of "USB-SERIAL CH340".
Use template EggBot (File->New from Template) for your drawing.
Easy print. No support required.
Black parts - ABS +1% Scale
Yellow parts - PLA
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Egg Painter Mini (Eggbot derivative) v1.1 by Provlax is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Provlax a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Provlax would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).