Just a few things added to the very nice and simple design of MarkBenson.
The locking screw in the gear never realy worked for me. I though I could partly flatten the lead screw but then my gear broke so I decided to actually make a selflocking M8 nut variety . The gear now is sandwitched between to nuts and its quite stable.
I didnt want to use my drill for that purpose as I believe its a pain in the ass to constantly mount and dismount, so I went for the solution villamany opted. An old motor laying around salvaged from some garbage electronics, and a 3 dollar chuck from ebay would beat any price.
- I also opted for a MDF base instead of the printed one. Its easier to make from some scrap piece, Its more sturdy and more heavy which adds stability to the whole drill press
Well print both parts or just the one if you opt for the one of it.
the motor mount has to screw holes in the botom to secure the motor, 2 screws in the back to fasten to the main drill press and two screwholes in the side so as to provide for holding place for the retention spring.