Get it? "Honeboy", like "homeboy", only for honing chisels and plane irons? Yeah, I'm hip like that.
Compared to commercial products like:
Besides price, mine has a few great advantages:
- 100% rustproof
- more versatile(see below)
- rides more stable and smooth on TWO, wide-footprint helical-tread wheels
"Versatile"? Yes! You can sharpen items anywhere from about 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 inches wide or reverse the clamp for smaller objects (compare pic 4 and 5). If you need even larger objects, just make a longer sliding dovetail.
Also, since you're sharpening stuff, I found this sharpening stone holder on thingiverse you might also want:
This is also found on my projects blog, here:
1) Print two wheels.
2) Print two snap-together axles, or use bolts. (The axles are "meh".)
3) Print two bodies. If you print fast/lores like I did, you may have to re-tap the holes to 1/4" 20tpi.
4) Print one dovetail. (Recommended 3+ shells.)
5) Get two 1/4" 20tpi thumb screws or 1/4" bolts and thing 177400.
6) Print, laminate, and attach a set-up sticker. (Not designed yet. Sorry.)
Note: The parts are designed to fit tight so you may have to file and fit.