Following additional materials are necessary for completing the project :
- 1x 120 mm. fan
- 4x M4x40
- 2x M3x15
- 2x M8x40
- 2x M8 washers
- 2x M8 wingnut
- 1x on/off button (example) (I had this one laying around, the square indent in the mainbody is sized LxWxH 26x15x3).
- 12V power supply (example) (I used a adjustable one to get different speeds)
- 1x dust/carbon filter 3M type2135 or type 2138(unfortunately the outer layers of these filters have to be removed because of the high density. Might as well go for something else, and cut it to size)
Update 29-04-2017 16:27
Since I noticed the filter wanting to dent to the inside I made a filterguard to support the filter. Filename : "Solderfan120_Filterguard.stl". Also changed 2x M4x15 bolts in the BOM to 2x M3x15.
Update 30-04-2017 11:47
I've noticed that unfortunately the 3M filters don't do the job as intended. A lot of the fumes are bounced of because of the high density of the filters. But using the extractor with the complete filters still beats soldering without anything at all. I suggest cutting of the outer layers or use a different kind of material and cut it to size.
Also changed M4x50 bolts to M4x40. Allthough M4x50 will fit, I used M4x40.
And added a picture of the finished product.