I made this for a 6-year-old buddy. He loves playing war games, I love trying to make them less violent. :) We once made up an imaginary game where we threw heart grenades at the other side to bring them over to our side, so I thought I could make a laser-cut Heart Army to encourage more of that. We'll see if it works!
I recommend cutting out the Tension catapult as well to help in launching the heart bombs:
If you want to fit the catapult inside the army box, then make the box a bit deeper and taller, and use one of the top sections for the catapult.
To make this:
- Make 8 duplicates of the meditator, using your laser cutter software.
- Fit the meditators in their lotus bases (no glue required).
- Cut the inner box. The pieces may need some tweaking, I didn't do the calculations precisely.
- Cut the outer box. You may need to spread it out over multiple pieces of wood, since it's large.
- Find some nice baggies for the heart bombs and arrows.
- Gift to your local StarWars-crazed 6-year-old.