I'm still test fitting and editing these files, but I figured as I'm working on them I'll keep updating and revising the changes publicly as I've already gathered some interest in these parts.
I'm always open to suggestions, tweaks, modifications, and changes. feel free to provide feedback!
Some of these parts are edited off the existing Ossum jeep parts, but many are completely unique.
Check back often as I update, edit, fix, and add new files!
As with the rest of the jeep I STRONGLY advise printing in PETG. I know several of these parts will not last long in PLA.
use the same size screws as the rest of the kit, but you'll need to add mounting holes in the original jeep body for several parts,
Once Completed I'll be re-releasing the normal jeep body parts with all the holes already in them for screws (and other various changes I've made along the way!)
5/3/17 - Currently I have released the un-printed or tested:
- Rear bumper with added loops based on google images for reference
- modern style Offroad Rollcage. [Print with supports!]
- 2 styles of Gas can holders to match Ossum's Gas can design
- 2 styles of lights that get mounted on the front fender
(there are a few variations as seen online, I'm tweaking this to fit an LED inside)
- Offset leaf-springs (x4)
- Offset leaf brackets
(brackets and springs were designed so the brackets are mounted closer to center but leaves reach back out to same mounting location. I haven't tested these yet!)
- Steering wheel with mount
(I've modified the dash with a small cutout for the steering wheel, will release thoes files soon!)
- front fender mounts without middle
(I used the servo on axle and wanted more room in the engine area)
- Crate for battery as modified from another design
- fixed fender lights so it should be printable (user pointed out thin wall caused a hole)
- Adjusted both styles of fender lights to be easily printed and mount an LED inside
- Fixed Jerry can holders (broke in Cura, slot wasn't centered)
- Added a untested alternative hitch (this is an EARLY design and likely would break if you towed the trailer with it!)
- Added a rear antenna mount based off design found. (May edit this further but currently you can drill this out to stick a functional antenna through if desired, or add a decorative one!)
- Added a wider Crate for some 34-36mm wide battery packs.
- Added Hitch front bumper (uses same loop as trailer) [Print with supports!]
- REPLACED the Roll cage with a revision that will print flat without supports!
- REPLACED Steering Wheel with version that includes mounting hole on the bottom to go through tub, holding it in place better.
-Added a V2 hitch that's much thicker but looks goofy to me.
- Added front fenders with patch to fill hole near frame.
- Added Variation of Jerry can holder which integrates into the rear Tailgate. should be stronger and print/mount easier to jeep this way.
- Added Left and right halves for the Jeep tub for narrow printer, this includes some extra holes for the additional things I've been making. (steering wheel mount, holes for hidden hinge design)
- Added a muffler on passenger side.
Sorry for the delay's Life's gotten complicated and printer's haven't be able to test MOST of this release! Feedback and sharing your makes is a HUGE help here guys!
- Added the Hidden hinge hood with window rest mounts as well.
- Added the standalone hinge to glue to the stock hood as alternative
- Added Dashboard with cutout for steering wheel, and mount for hidden hinge
- Added both the FULL and LEFT/RIGHT versions of Ossum's jeep center tub, for mounting hole for the steering wheel, along with two cutout slits for the hidden hinge.
- FIXED fender light, the shroud was not correctly attached to the light portion causing some issues with slicers and prints!
-added a generic seat with built in covers off ossum's design
-added a 2 piece slightly thicker version of ossum's seat, broken into 2 parts for easier printing.
Things not yet released include:
- modified seats
- winch plate for rc which, (and alternative decorative winch)
- Modified brackets for mounting replica soft cover
- scale shovel and axe mount for driver side with mounts
- Front and rear mounting locations for spare tire
- Other scale mods I can find on WWII era jeeps and suggestions!
several parts are thin, and I suggest using THICK walls to compensate (1.2-1.6mm)
print with PETG or risk a high chance of failure. some parts may need to be rotated or printed with supports to come out correctly.