This is a remix of the great electronic casing of c_wolsey! All credits go to c_wolsey.
I found that the original casing was too small (lacking height) for my purpose. I wanted to insert a Raspberry Pi, a MOSFET module for the heatbed and a 4 port relay module and off course the Anet main board but struggled a lot with the original size of the casing. I ended up putting in a lot more, e.g. thicker cables, an optocoupler for the auto level sensor and a connector for the 220V mains.
I noticed (during installing) that if you need to put modules higher or lower you would have to print the whole thing again. You counter that by cutting pillars or make mantle pillars (cilinders with a solid end caps with room for the screw; if you do this properly you can attach the cilinder pillars to the electronic modules and just press them onto the pillars of the casing: works perfectly and makes the modules easy to remove!). One of the foto's show the lid off with the Raspberry Pi (RPi) bungling out with the mantle pillars attached to the RPi.
I ended up tracing the original design and extrude the casing. The base plate is now separated from the side structure. I added the step files so everybody can make his or her adaptions to the base-plate. I encourage you all to modify the base-plate to your exact needs, this pillar configuration works perfectly for me, but might not work for you. If you make an error you now do not need to reprint the whole casing, just the base plate, this saves a lot of time. Notice that large holes for cables are not in the design, you can push them trough the hexagons or just remove some material to enlarge the hexagons.
Note that the lid needs to be printed from c_wolsey's files. I did not bother to add that one.
The casing currently houses:
- Use some small M3 screws to connect the side walls to the bottom plate.
- Heat up 2 M3 nuts and place them in the nut pockets of the base plate.
Beware of the screw heads of the top lid and the distance to the x-axis stepper. I use high head Allen key screws and washers, for 2 screws I had to remove the washers to prevent the stepper striking against the screws.