Work In Progress
The goal of this project is to design and produce a fully 3D-printable set of treads for use on future robotics projects.
Each link is 40.5mm wide; the hub is 40mm in diameter excluding the teeth that mesh into the links.
The hub model labeled Adafruit is designed to fit the axle of a small DC gearmotor. The standard hub should be easy to modify for any other motor axle.
Should I find the time this week, I should have a chassis for the treads worked out soon. I'm currently working out some issues with torsion on the current prototype.
I used 3mm PLA+ from eSun for this print, and generally used the standard "High Detail" settings in Cura aside from filament specific temperature tweaks. No rafts or supports needed.
Post print, I used 1.75mm filament as "pins" to hold the tread links together. So far, this has worked flawlessly, but I am looking into improving on this in future iterations of the design.