3D-printed fidget spinner with blinking RGB-LEDs, creating psychedelic light patterns into the air while spinning ("Persistence of Vision" effect).
- Add hole or button for switch
- Improve hooks for snapping bottom and top together
- Reduce tolerances of Ball bearing holder clip
Step 1: Solder SMD LEDs
- use blinking/rainbow RGB SMD LEDs
- solder all LEDs in parallel (< 4x20mm big)
- use non-flexible, coloured wire
- wire batteries from both Lilypad battery holders in parallel
- connect one of the holders to the RGB LED assembly
Soldered RGB LED assembly and wiring up battery holders.
Step 2: Assemble battery holders and LEDs with housing
- snap in both battery holders into the bottom case part
- affix the LEDs to the front case part using black gaffer tape
Tape RGB LED assembly in place using black gaffer tape
Step 3: Click the skate bearing into place
Click the bearing into place, don't use no glue at this step. You might want to clean your bearing with Isopropyl alcohol for higher speeds due to grease-removal.
Adjust center peg in relation to top and bottom case - use glue to affix ball bearing at precise position. For now two small strips of black gaffer tape are required to hold top and bottom case together.