Nerf Rival Apollo Pump Conversion and stock
by counterstrikegamer44, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I decided to release my design to the world. Here is my take on the Nerf Apollo Pump conversion, after looking online at a few different 3d printed Nerf Apollo pump conversions, I decided to take tidbits of each that I liked and compile them into my own design. This whole design and build are a work in progress and I have not tested this set up in a Nerf War yet. I have printed out a previous iteration of the design, of which you can see the attached pictures of. The design hasn't changed too much since that iteration. Make sure to set up your slicer to print in the best way you know possible to reduce supports and bed adhesion. Experiment/print at your own risk!
I have also designed a stock attachment. Please excuse the tape on the stock, I printed them in two pieces then epoxied puttied together because I was testing fit.
I appreciate any feedback/comments!
Please feel free to tip me or donate to me for the work on this design if you are so inclined to do so. Paypal: paypal.me/counterstrikegamer44
Additional hardware (that I used):
(2) 11"-11.5" long 0.5" wide metal flatbar (Can find at any hardware store, cut down to size at home. I used steel but aluminum will probably work)
(5) M6 x 1.00 x 50mm Hex Head Bolts
(5) M6 x 1.00mm Hex Nuts
(10) #6 Flat Washer
(1) M3 x 30mm bolt (For barrel to picatinny attachment)
(2) M3 Hex Nut (For barrel to picatinny attachment)
When I designed this, it was designed with horrible design intent and references. It's a mess. But here you go!
Some of the files:
- Do the lock removal mod for the apollo or else you may have some nasty jams!
- When connecting the picatinny to barrel, you have to drill a hole through the top of the barrel so the bolt can go through.
- Make sure you sand down the barrel to avoid that zip-zip sound when priming!
- Drill holes accurately in the metal flat bar in order to get a smooth prime
- Beware of friction between the sliding mechanism and the barrel ( I ran into some issues there, make it work!)
- The grip is held on the sliding mechanism by friction alone between the two parts, epoxy or some type of fastener or glue can make sure it stays!
- The bottom of the slide has a picatinny rail attachment ( I previously put it there so I could attach a vertical foregrip of my own, but too much of a moment was created on the sliding mechanism and the barrel increasing friction to the point of being unprimable since the slide corner would dig itself into the barrel)
How I Designed This
I used Fusion360 to design this, with horrendous design intent and practices.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Nerf Rival Apollo Pump Conversion and stock by counterstrikegamer44 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving counterstrikegamer44 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure counterstrikegamer44 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).