This is a replacement for the center wheel hub cover on a Worx 803 Beast Truck wheel.
The original caps were relatively thin plastic, and after a few broke and fell off, we decided that we could 3D Print a better one.
The Ultra Wheel Company website indicates that these wheels are compatible with F-150's, Toyota Tacomas and Jeep Wranglers.
The cap's bolt holes are spaced at 150 mm across. This wheel only requires two bolts to hold the cap on, but we modeled usable holes at all 8 locations in case one or two locations crack or break. I found that the printed hubs where coming out a little small on my printer, so I scaled them up by about 1.5%, and that made them almost dead-on accurate. If you're interested in printing this, I recommend printing a center section across two opposing bolt holes, and check-fit it against your wheel.
The first four caps are currently mounted on a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. 20" wheels, using an 8X165 bolt pattern (8 bolts, 165mm/6.5" pattern diameter)
Our intention is to primer or clear-coat the caps eventually, we don't have any experience with PLA parts being splashed with mud or water over and over. ABS might be a little more environmentally stable, but for now we're just going to see what these look like after a few months. We've mused about the possibility of gluing in steel inserts at the bolted connections, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
The replacement cap was designed in our spare time at work using CATIA V5, and converted to .stl files using CATIA.
Sliced using Cura. I used a 3-layer wall thickness at a 0.2 resolution, with a 40% infill. This makes the cap relatively heavy, but hopefully more durable. It would have been more ideal to have completely solid 100% fill in the area of the bolted connections, but I'm not aware of the ability to vary infill percentages.
I used a very low support percentage, something like 5-8 percent. This gave a pretty low quality surface on the inside of the print, but that's not the side anyone sees.
My prints spent about 83m of PLA filament, and took about 25 hours to print. Just to set expectations, a full set of four takes a full 1 kg spool of filament and four days.