Hamster Wheel (Silent Spinner) Mount
by Bogdan87, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
We all know how much hamsters love to run! They can spend the whole nigh on their wheels, and not all wheels are quiet enough to allow us humans to sleep without disruptions... :)
I tried few different wheels, and found that the "Silent Spinner" works well:
However, through the night, the wheel can get misplaced (especially if it's placed on a soft surface, i.e. carefresh) and result in the wheel hitting side of the cage or other elements of hamster furniture.
Worse of all, it may even fall on your hamster and scare him/her...
This is why I designed this mount:
- it can be mounted between the bars of most popular cages (spacing between bars: 0.5 inch),
- it's sturdy, won't wiggle and cause additional noise,
- it supports different wheel heights (depending on the depth of your base, your wheel may be mounted higher or lower)
- it's easy to quickly remove the wheel for cleaning - just slide it to the side and it comes right off,
- and most of all - it will keep the wheel stable in place, so your happy hamster can be training for that next marathon!
Note that this design works perfectly with the 8.3" wheel, it won't work with smaller sized wheel, and may or may not work with larger (I haven't tried have the 12" inch one). I find the 8.3" size best for Syrian Hamsters.
You'll need zip ties to mount it to the cage.
And please share a photo of your happy hamster if you make one of those :)
For more interesting projects, please visit my blog:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Hamster Wheel (Silent Spinner) Mount by Bogdan87 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Bogdan87 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Bogdan87 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).