Allows a webcam (Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 in this case) to be mounted to the X carriage for recording prints.
For example: http://youtu.be/KM6d3yrotqw
The camera sucks and there is a fair amount of sway as the carriage moves. I think the next attempt will be to attach to the Z carriage.
- Detach X carriage from Thing-o-Matic
- Mark drill locations by placing mount against underside of the carriage but on the outside (see photo).
- Drill 1/8" hole in marked locations.
- Use M3 16 (or so) bolts and nuts to secure mount.
- Detach the cheap base from the cheap webcam and use the same screw to attach it to the mount.
- Loop the USB cable around mount to reduce pull from the cable.
- Replace the X carriage in the Thing-o-Matic (note this could be done before 6 also).
- Hook up the camera to your favourite recording software and start a print!